Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min. + cooling
Makesabout 2 dozen
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 1-3/4 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/4 cups 2% milk
- Frosting of your choice
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line 22-24 muffin cups with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition.
- Fill prepared cups three-fourths full. Bake 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely. Spread with frosting.
Nutrition Facts1 cupcake (calculated without frosting): 163 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 32mg cholesterol, 138mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Jan 1, 2018
This recipe is simple and tastes great. A little more dense than other recipes I have tried but so tasty.
Sep 30, 2017
Great texture but these taste and look like sugar cookies, not yellow cake.
Mar 28, 2017
Beautiful fluffy batter. I was asked to bring 2 1/2 dozen cupcakes to my kids school this week. Decided to give this recipe a try. I made 1 1/2x the recipe so I'd have enough cupcakes. My daughter sampled the leftover one and said it was perfect. I made home made buttercream frosting, I'll frost tomorrow before I drop them off. As a Volunteer Field Editor, I love testing recipes and reviewing them!
Sep 3, 2016
Moist with good flavor but the top flattened while they were cooling.
Sep 3, 2016
Way too sweet. I even cut the sugar to 1.5 cups and they were too sweet.
Jul 17, 2016
delicious recipe very easy to make thanks for sharing
May 30, 2016
We cut the cupcakes in half and put strawberries, whipped cream and sprinkles on top...perfect density. The kids LOVED them
Mar 11, 2016
This is very bland but eggy tasting. Not super moist. Definitely nothing special. I would actually prefer box mix over this.
Nov 20, 2015
Horrible. Not good at all. I followed the recipe very very carefully. My cakes were dense and tasted like cornbread . You'd have to drown those cupcakes in frosting to make them taste good.
Aug 26, 2015
Should I use salted or unsalted butter?
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.