Ogre Eyes Hot Cocoa Recipe
- 8 cups milk, divided
- 1 cup mint chocolate chips
- 1 cup instant hot cocoa mix
- 16 large marshmallows
- 16 Crows candies
- 16 lollipop sticks
- In a large saucepan, combine 1 cup milk, chocolate chips and cocoa mix. Cook and stir over low heat until chips are melted. Stir in remaining milk; heat through.
- Meanwhile, cut a slit in top of each marshmallow; insert a candy. Carefully insert a lollipop stick through the bottom of each marshmallow and into each candy.
- Pour hot cocoa into mugs or cups; place two prepared marshmallows in each cup. Serve immediately. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Ogre Eyes Hot Cocoa(12)
Sort By :
Very cute idea! For those that are confused about the lollipop sticks, that not only keeps the 2 eyeballs together, but prevents them from flipping over due to the weight of the candy. Without the stick, they would fall forward into the hot cocoa.
What a great idea! I think I will try Junior Mints next time. Very cute.
The kids loved it. We followed the recipe and the kids enjoyed helping.
VERY cute idea - had enough details that one should be able to make it without issues. Some suggested other candies, but need to remember that some candies' colors may bleed into the marshmallow... which may or may NOT be desirable.
We got a good chuckle out of this great idea!
I think green dots for Shrek eyes would work ok