Neapolitan Cookies Recipe
"My sister shared the recipe for these thin tri-color treats several years ago," relates Jan Mallo of White Pigeon, Michigan. "The crisp cookies are fun to eat - one section at a time or with all three in one bite."
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 6 drops red liquid food coloring
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate, melted
- Line a 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan with waxed paper; set aside. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture.
- Divide the dough into thirds. Add almond extract and food coloring to one portion; spread evenly into prepared pan.
- Add nuts to second portion; spread evenly over first layer.
- Add melted chocolate to third portion; spread over second layer.
- Cover with waxed paper; refrigerate overnight.
- Unwrap dough; cut loaf in half lengthwise. Cut each portion into 1/8-in. slices. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until edges are firm. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 12 dozen.
Originally published as Neapolitan Cookies in Quick Cooking December 2000, p55
Reviews for Neapolitan Cookies(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 20, 2013
really good and not hard to make. will give them an A
More Recipe Collections
- Chocolate Cookie Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cookie Recipes >
- Cookies >
- Desserts >
- Easy Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Holiday Cookie Recipes >
- Make Ahead Desserts >
- Make-Ahead Recipes >
- Nut Cookies >
- Nut Recipes >