Neapolitan Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 6 drops red liquid food coloring
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate, melted
- Line a 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan with waxed paper; set aside. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture.
- Divide the dough into thirds. Add almond extract and food coloring to one portion; spread evenly into prepared pan.
- Add nuts to second portion; spread evenly over first layer.
- Add melted chocolate to third portion; spread over second layer.
- Cover with waxed paper; refrigerate overnight.
- Unwrap dough; cut loaf in half lengthwise. Cut each portion into 1/8-in. slices. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until edges are firm. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 12 dozen.
Reviews for Neapolitan Cookies(3)
Sort By :
Great cookies. You have to cut them very thin to get the stated amount. I added peppermint flavoring to the red and Fruity Pebbles to the white to make Christmas cookies.
These cookies are great when you need a lot of cookies and don't have much time. They are easy, and tasty. I sometimes add a little raspberry or strawberry extract along with the red food coloring for a different taste
really good and not hard to make. will give them an A
More Recipe Collections
- Chocolate Cookie Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cookie Recipes >
- Cookies >
- Desserts >
- Easy Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Holiday Cookie Recipes >
- Make Ahead Desserts >
- Make-Ahead Recipes >
- Nut Cookies >
- Nut Recipes >