My Kids' Favorite Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 5 milk chocolate candy bars (1.55 ounces each)
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Beat in oats and coconut.
- Roll into 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets; flatten slightly. Bake 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Break each candy bar into 12 pieces; press a chocolate piece into the center of each warm cookie. Remove to wire racks. Yield: 5 dozen.
Reviews for My Kids' Favorite Cookies
Sort By :
"Great cookies. I made them with my grandkids. There were lots of jobs they could do."
"Just made these and they're delicious. I made them exactly as directed and flattened slightly as stated using a fork dipped in flour. I'm guessing the cookies in the photo are made extra large because you only get 12 chocolate rectangles in each candy bar; 5 x 12=60 pieces. There's not enough chocolate to put two on each cookie and not enough room on each cookie to put more than one piece. I'll be making these again at Christmas!"
"Very tasty, very easy and I ended up with exactly 5 sheets of 12 cookies."
"Nothing special, made exactly like the recipe directed. I would rather have made chocolate chip cookies than spending the time to make these. Nothing special that would make me want to do it again! I've baked for over forty years and I'm sorry to say these were not very good."