- 1-3/4 cups heavy whipping cream, divided
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- 1 package (4-3/4 ounces) ice cream sugar cones
- Halloween sprinkles
- 12 thin chocolate wafers (2-1/4-inch diameter)
- For mousse, in a small saucepan, bring 1/2 cup cream to a boil; remove from the heat. Stir in chocolate chips until smooth. Transfer to a bowl; cool to room temperature, stirring occasionally.
- In a small bowl, beat the remaining cream until stiff peaks form; fold into the chocolate mixture. Cover and refrigerate.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt semisweet chocolate and shortening; stir until smooth. Brush melted chocolate over ice cream cones and roll tips in sprinkles. Refrigerate until set. Just before serving, spoon mousse into cones. Top each with a chocolate wafer. Invert onto a serving platter. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Mousse-Filled Witches' Hats
"Used chocolate coating on the inside of the cone like someone suggested and it worked great! Thanks"
"LOVED them. Now I find myself just making the filling and putting it into pie shells. Be sure to eat the hats quickly though, they can get soft from the moisture."