Mousse-Filled Witches' Hats Recipe
- 1-3/4 cups heavy whipping cream, divided
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- 1 package (4-3/4 ounces) ice cream sugar cones
- Halloween sprinkles
- 12 thin chocolate wafers (2-1/4-inch diameter)
- For mousse, in a small saucepan, bring 1/2 cup cream to a boil; remove from the heat. Stir in chocolate chips until smooth. Transfer to a bowl; cool to room temperature, stirring occasionally.
- In a small bowl, beat the remaining cream until stiff peaks form; fold into the chocolate mixture. Cover and refrigerate.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt semisweet chocolate and shortening; stir until smooth. Brush melted chocolate over ice cream cones and roll tips in sprinkles. Refrigerate until set. Just before serving, spoon mousse into cones. Top each with a chocolate wafer. Invert onto a serving platter. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Mousse-Filled Witches' Hats
Sort By :
"LOVED them. Now I find myself just making the filling and putting it into pie shells. Be sure to eat the hats quickly though, they can get soft from the moisture."
"These are my favorite to make for my kids halloween parties. I have gotten very creative and made my own base using melted chocolate poured in a circle. To keep the inside from getting soggy I line it with melted chocolate. Just melt chocolate and brush the inside using a paint brush."