Witch’s Snack Hats
These treats go over well at parties, but they're guaranteed to be a hit at Halloween parties. They're well worth the prep time. —Mary Ann Dell, Phoenixville, Pennsylvania
Total TimePrep: 50 min. + standing Bake: 10 min. + cooling
- 1 tube (16-1/2 ounces) refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 cup Corn Pops
- 1 cup bite-sized Shredded Wheat
- 1 cup square oat cereal
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 1/2 cup salted pumpkin seeds or pepitas, optional
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1-1/3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 16 ice cream sugar cones
- Orange and green sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350°. Let cookie dough stand at room temperature for 5-10 minutes to soften. In a large bowl, beat cookie dough and cocoa until blended. Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls; place 3 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Coat bottom of a glass with cooking spray. Press cookies with bottom of glass to flatten, recoating in cooking spray as needed.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until set. Cool completely on pans on wire racks.
- In a large bowl, combine corn pops, Shredded Wheat, oat cereal, cherries and, if desired, pumpkin seeds. In a microwave, melt butter and 1/2 cup chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Pour over cereal mixture; toss to coat.
- Place confectioners' sugar in a large resealable plastic bag; add cereal mixture. Close bag and shake to coat. Spread onto baking sheets to cool.
- In a microwave, melt shortening and remaining chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Spread over sugar cones. Freeze until set, about 10 minutes. Fill each cone with 2 tablespoons cereal mixture.
- Place a filled cone on each cookie; pipe melted chocolate around base of cones to adhere. Decorate as desired with sprinkles and remaining melted chocolate. Refrigerate until set, about 10 minutes. Serve with remaining cereal mixture.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.