Make this ominous cheesecake the highlight of your Halloween buffet. Guests will love what is hidden inside: a fudgy filling. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Total TimePrep: 45 min. Bake: 65 min. + chilling
- 2 cups chocolate graham cracker crumbs (about 10 whole crackers)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs, room temperature, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup hot fudge ice cream topping, warmed
- Template on page XX
- 1/4 cup hot fudge ice cream topping, warmed
- In a small bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, sugar and butter. Press onto the bottom and 1 in. up the sides of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 325° for 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in the sour cream, flour and vanilla. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour half of filling into crust. Drizzle ice cream topping to within 1 in. of edges. Top with remaining filling.
- Bake at 325° until center is almost set, 65-75 minutes. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer.
- Trace template onto waxed paper; cut out. Place template on cheesecake and lightly trace outline using a toothpick. Place ice cream topping in a pastry or plastic bag; cut a small hole in the corner. Pipe an outline around design and fill with topping. Refrigerate overnight. Remove sides of pan.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Witch in The Moonlight Cheesecake in Ultimate Halloween Bookazine 2014