- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup light rum
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 2 cups each cantaloupe, honeydew and seedless watermelon balls
- 2 cups cubed fresh pineapple
- 3 mint sprigs
- Fresh mint leaves, optional
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar and water; cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat. Stir in rum, lime juice and peel. Cool completely.
- In a large bowl, combine melons, pineapple and mint sprigs. Add rum mixture; toss to coat. Refrigerate, covered, overnight.
- Discard mint sprigs. Spoon fruit with syrup into serving dishes. If desired, top with mint. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Mojito Marinated Fruit
Sort By :
Really great fruit salad!
A refreshing summer treat!
I decided to prepare this for my Xmas eve get-together this year - something light and refreshing, as a compliment to all the heavier meats and pastries of the season. I thought it sounded quite good - but I have to say - it was absolutely DELICIOUS and eveyone commented on how much they liked it!! Anyone who likes Mojitos - please try this - it's a winner!!