All the flavors of the popular mojito cocktail are featured in this fantastic salad. After you eat the fruit, you’ll want to sip the luscious syrup! —Marcy Griffith, Excelsior, Minnesota
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup light rum
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 2 cups each cantaloupe, honeydew and seedless watermelon balls
- 2 cups cubed fresh pineapple
- 3 mint sprigs
- Fresh mint leaves, optional
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar and water; cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat. Stir in rum, lime juice and peel. Cool completely.
- In a large bowl, combine melons, pineapple and mint sprigs. Add rum mixture; toss to coat. Refrigerate, covered, overnight.
- Discard mint sprigs. Spoon fruit with syrup into serving dishes. If desired, top with mint. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Mojito Marinated Fruit in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2008, p215
Reviews for Mojito Marinated Fruit
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review