- 4-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cold butter
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/4 cups canned pumpkin
- 3/4 cup milk, divided
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, pumpkin and 1/2 cup milk. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead 10 times. Divide dough in half. Pat each portion into an 8-in. circle; cut each into eight wedges. Separate wedges and place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Brush with remaining milk.
- Bake at 400° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks; cool for 10 minutes. Combine the glaze ingredients; drizzle over scones. Serve warm. Yield: 16 scones.
Reviews for Moist Pumpkin Scones
Sort By :
Very tasty! I added a couple of tablespoons of melted butter to the icing plus maple flavoring.
I thought they tasted very good, but the batter was very sticky. Had to flour my knife and my board several times so it/they wouldn't stick. They puffed up very nicely, so think the next time I make them, will make the circles a little larger.
Love this for all the reasons everyone else says! Bake half the batch and save the other half in the freezer to bake fresh another day.
These were delicious! My kids asked for them for days after I baked them. They are not as dry as most scones.
I made this recipe exactly as written and I love it! The scones are great without the glaze, but even better with it. I definitely plan to make this recipe again! Although next time I'd cut the glaze recipe in half as I had quite a bit leftover.