At our house, everyone lends a hand to make these easy chocolate-covered cookies. They remind me of Thin Mints. Decorate them with sprinkles to match the occasion.—Lily Julow, Lawrenceville, GA
Recommended: 20 Heart-Shaped Recipes
- 3 cups crushed chocolate wafers (about 65 wafers)
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 pound chocolate mint candy coating, chopped
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- Green and white sprinkles, optional
- In a large bowl, combine chocolate wafer crumbs and cream cheese. Shape into 1-in. balls. Coat bottom of a glass with cooking spray, then dip in sugar; flatten balls to 1/4-in. thickness. (Re-dip glass in sugar as needed.) Freeze 30 minutes or until firm.
- In a microwave, melt candy coating and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip cookies in coating mixture; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper; if desired, decorate immediately with sprinkles. Store between layers of waxed paper in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: about 3 dozen.
Originally published as Mint Chocolate-Covered Cookies in Cookies & Candies Bookazine 2015, p108
Reviews for Mint Chocolate-Covered Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review