Mexican Pot Roast Filling Recipe
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (3 pounds)
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 cup beef broth
- Taco shells or flour tortillas (8 inches)
- Chopped tomatoes, shredded lettuce and shredded Mexican cheese blend
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Cut roast in half; rub spice mixture over meat. Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker. Top with chilies, onion and garlic. Pour broth over meat. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove meat from slow cooker; shred with two forks. Skim fat from cooking juices. Return meat to slow cooker; heat through. Using a slotted spoon, place 1/2 cup meat mixture on each taco shell. Top with tomatoes, lettuce and cheese. Yield: 9 servings.
Reviews for Mexican Pot Roast Filling
Sort By :
This was good and everyone ate it. Not sure it will go into my rotation since it really wasn't that different than a regular ground beef taco. It was nice to set it up in the morning and just serve it in the evening, though.
Loved this recipe. My husband is usually leery of new recipes, and he really enjoyed this. The meat was so tender and tasty. Will definitely make this again!
This was really good. I made it without green chilies and used a whole can of beef broth. It took exactly 8 hours to cook.
I didn't make any changes to this and it was amazing. I will make it again and again!
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Beef Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Kids Lunch Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Mexican Dinners >