“My husband and I love this dish,” notes Claire Dufour of Alexandria, Louisiana. “I make it when I don’t have time to stand over the stove. It’s absolutely delicious.”
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- 3/4 cup canned diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2/3 cup canned diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1/2 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 pound lean ground beef
- 1/4 pound smoked sausage, sliced
- In a 4-cup rice cooker, combine the first seven ingredients. Press cooking selector lever to illuminate cook light. Cover and cook until light turns off, about 45 minutes.
- In a small skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in sausage; add to rice mixture. Cover and let stand for 15 minutes before serving. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Meaty Cabbage and Rice in Cooking for 2 Spring 2007, p13
Reviews for Meaty Cabbage and Rice
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review