- 3/4 cup shortening
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 2 medium)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups marshmallow creme
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- Additional confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 375°. Line 18 muffin cups with paper or foil liners.
- In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in bananas and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk, beating well after each addition.
- Fill prepared cups two-thirds full. Bake 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- For filling, in a large bowl, beat butter, marshmallow creme and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Using a sharp knife, cut a 1-in. circle, 1 in. deep, in top of each cupcake. Carefully remove cut portion and set aside. Fill cavity with about 1 teaspoon filling. Replace tops, pressing down lightly. Dollop or pipe remaining filling over tops. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Marshmallow-Filled Banana Cupcakes
Sort By :
"These were really good. I have no intention of ever going through the process of filling them again. The marshmallow icing is fine on the outside!"
"As soon as I got the Feb/Mar 2014 issue, I knew I wanted to try these. DELICIOUS! I can't wait until my grandchildren get a taste. As another reviewer mentioned, I only needed half the amount of filling. The cupcakes themselves were fantastic; filling topped them off nicely. I will definitely make these again."
"I thought these would be too much work but my kids insisted. I was wrong, they were easy and delicious. I halved the filling recipe."
"Followed recipe exactly and they turned out wonderful. Great taste :) Thank you for this wonderful recipe."