- 3/4 cup shortening
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 2 medium)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups marshmallow creme
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- Additional confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 375°. Line 18 muffin cups with paper or foil liners.
- In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in bananas and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk, beating well after each addition.
- Fill prepared cups two-thirds full. Bake 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- For filling, in a large bowl, beat butter, marshmallow creme and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Using a sharp knife, cut a 1-in. circle, 1 in. deep, in top of each cupcake. Carefully remove cut portion and set aside. Fill cavity with about 1 teaspoon filling. Replace tops, pressing down lightly. Dollop or pipe remaining filling over tops. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Marshmallow-Filled Banana Cupcakes
Sort By :
"These were just a little too sweet with the filling and icing. If I make them again I will either fill them or ice them not both but the actual cupcake recipe was very good"
"Excellent! I added coconut to the batter and they were delicious. My husband isn't a "cupcake" person and said that these were possibly the best cupcakes he has ever had."
"What is marshmallow creme? Is it the same as marshmallow fluff? Im going to try it with marshmallow fluff"
"These are lovely and kids (young and old) love them. Here is a tip to make filling the cupcakes much easier. Anytime I bake cupcakes that need filling, instead of cutting, filling with a spoon and replacing top, I simply fill my cookie press with the filling. Use the plain tip, insert into top of cupcake and just slowly squeeze until you see a "slight" bulge in the cupcake. It is a judgement thing, but you will get the hang of it in no time. Simple and easy."
"These were really good. I have no intention of ever going through the process of filling them again. The marshmallow icing is fine on the outside!"