This recipe is requested by friends and family every time I'm asked to bring cookies for an event. Folks enjoy the subtle maple flavor in this crisp cookie.
- 1 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in syrup and vanilla. Combine the remaining ingredients; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until easy to handle.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 2-1/2-in. cookie cutter. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 9-12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 4 dozen.
Originally published as Maple Sugar Cookies in Best of Country Cookies 1999, p50
Reviews for Maple Sugar Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review