These irresistible bars can sweeten any holiday. —Renee Schwebach, Dumont, Minnesota
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 package (14 ounces) caramels
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 cup (6 ounces) miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup plain M&M's
- 3 ounces white candy coating
- In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in oats.
- Press into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a microwave, melt caramels with water; stir until smooth. Spread over crust. Sprinkle with the chips, nuts and M&M's. Gently press into the caramel mixture. Melt candy coating; drizzle over the top. Let stand for 5 minutes or until set. Cut into bars. Yield: 6 dozen.
Originally published as M&M Oat Bars in Taste of Home October/November 1999, p64
Reviews for M&M Oat Bars
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review