- 2 quarts water
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) beer
- 2 tablespoons seafood seasoning
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 4 medium red potatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 medium sweet onion, cut into wedges
- 4 medium ears sweet corn, cut in half
- 1/3 pound smoked chorizo or Johnsonville® Polish Kielbasa Sausage, cut into 1-inch slices
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound uncooked large shrimp, deveined
- 1 pound uncooked snow crab legs
- Optional condiments: seafood cocktail sauce, lemon wedges and melted butter
- In a stockpot, combine the water, beer, seafood seasoning and salt; add potatoes and onion. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Add corn and chorizo; simmer 10-12 minutes longer or until potatoes and corn are tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet, heat oil. Add the garlic, cumin, cilantro, paprika and pepper. Cook and stir over medium heat for 1 minute.
- Stir the shrimp, crab legs and garlic mixture into the stockpot; cook for 4-6 minutes or until shrimp and crab turn pink. Drain; transfer seafood mixture to a large serving bowl. Serve with condiments of your choice. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Low Country Boil
Sort By :
This was deeeelicious! I think the beer really added something. Lowcountry boils are usually kind of boring when everything is just boiled in water, but the beer + sautéing the spices, garlic & cumin + the fresh cilantro made it sooooo very flavorful. I used turkey kielbasa and it was awesome. This recipe is a keeper!
I substituted half the water for 32 oz. of seafood stock. It just adds that much more flavor. Yum!
I've made this twice now and it is fabulous. It's easy and fun to eat. I added about a half of a teaspoon of crushed red pepper for a little zip. YUM!
More Recipe Collections
- Cajun Dinner Recipes >
- Cajun Recipes >
- Cajun Stew Recipes >
- Corn on the Cob >
- Corn Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Mardi Gras Dinner Recipes >
- Mardi Gras Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Potato Recipes >
- Seafood Recipes >
- Shrimp Dinner Recipes >