- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lime peel
- In a bowl, combine the first four ingredients. In another bowl, beat the eggs, milk, oil, lime juice and peel. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 400° for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Lime Muffins(3)
Sort By :
I loved these! I agree they needed a little something on top. I made a glaze with 2 Tbsp lime juice and 1 cup powdered sugar and drizzled it on top! They were superb! I will make them again!
These were pretty good, but I added a lime juice/powedered sugar glaze to them for more lime flavor.
I used lime juice and orange zest for a nice citrus combination. The batter is thick, but the muffins come out moist enough.