- 1-1/4 cups crushed reduced-fat vanilla wafers (about 40 wafers)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon plus 1-1/4 cups sugar, divided
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 package (8 ounces) fat-free cream cheese
- 1 cup (8 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a small bowl, combine wafer crumbs, butter and 1 teaspoon sugar. Press onto the bottom and 1/2 in. up sides of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Bake 8 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. Reduce oven setting to 325°.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheeses and remaining sugar until smooth. Beat in sour cream, cornstarch and vanilla. Add eggs and egg whites; beat on low speed just until blended. Pour into crust. Place pan on a baking sheet.
- Bake 60-65 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack 10 minutes. Loosen sides from pan with a knife. Cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight, covering when completely cooled.
- Remove rim from pan. Top cheesecake with strawberries. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Light Cheesecake
Sort By :
no where in the recipe does it ever say to add the other 1 1/4 cups of suger. I was getting ready to put this into the oven and felt like I was forgetting something. I had to scoop the filling back out of the crust and fold in the sugar...i will be very disappointed if this ruined the outcome.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Berry Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cheesecake Recipes >
- Cheesecakes >
- Cream Cheese Cheesecakes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Make Ahead Desserts >
- Make-Ahead Recipes >