Lemon Zucchini Drops Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup finely shredded zucchini
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- LEMON GLAZE:
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 to 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg, zucchini and lemon peel. Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in raisins and walnuts.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 3 in. apart onto lightly greased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- For glaze, combine sugar and enough lemon juice to achieve a thin spreading consistency. Spread or drizzle over cooled cookies. Yield: 3-1/2 dozen.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Lemon Zucchini Drops(8)
Sort By :
Very, very tasty cookie! I doubled the lemon zest and for the icing I only used a cup of confectioners sugar (because I'm cheap and also because I end up with a ton of leftover icing that I have to try to use up before it goes bad). I enjoy using items from our garden in unusual ways and this is the second zucchini cookie we've tried. Definitely recommended!
Fantastic used cherry cran raisins added more lemon zest. This is a keeper so good!!
What a great way to use over abundant zucchini! I have made this several times and used fresh lemon juice and used white raisins. A favorite!
This recipe was great but I did make some changes to make lower in fat. I only used 1/4 c. butter, 3 tbsp. of liquid egg whites and no nut. After mixing I felt it was too thin for cookies so I put the batter into a 9 inch square baking pan and placed in oven for 30 minutes and then checked with a toothpick until it was done. I made the glaze thicker with the juice of a fresh lemon and cut into 16 pieces which yield a low-fat cake with around 3 grams of fat, sorry I don't have a calorie count. The cake is so moist and the cinnamon and lemon flavors come out deliciously.
OMG get your mixer out and make these cookies. Great way to use up zuccini. I used fresh lemons I think it made a big difference. YUM