Lemon Crumb Muffins Recipe
- 6 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 cups sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 2 cups butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons grated lemon peel
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, combine the eggs, sour cream, butter, lemon peel and juice. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full.
- In a small bowl, combine flour and sugar; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over batter.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. In a small bowl, whisk glaze ingredients; drizzle over warm muffins. Serve warm. Yield: 40 muffins.
Reviews for Lemon Crumb Muffins(16)
Sort By :
Made these for an Easter/Spring bake sale. Wonderful flavor. Well worth the steps involving making them from scratch, making topping AND glaze. I even added a teaspoon of lemon extract to the muffin batter. A big hit!
With a few of my own tweaks/touches, these muffins came out amazing! I made 12 regular size, 24 minis & 2 loaves which I added blueberries to before baking. Delicious!!!
Moist, sweet but not OVERLY sweet... absolutely scrumptious!
Super yummy with crisp crumb topping and high tops, nice and moist. But I thought it needed more lemon punch so I only gave it 4 stars! I want to make them again and add some lemon extract.
Delicious. I used a square muffin tin 1st batch and filled almost full. Had to cook them longer. 2nd batch turned out better. Glazed some and left the rest unglazed since they ate sweet enough on their own.