As a quick way to warm everyone up, I make these lemony scones to go with a pot of hot tea. Sometimes I like to add dried cherries to the batter, to jazz it up a little.—Angela Matz, West Allis, Wisconsin
Recommended: 19 Easter Bread Recipes
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 3/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream, divided
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons lemon extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large bowl, whisk flour, 1/3 cup sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. In another bowl, whisk 3/4 cup cream, eggs and lemon extract until blended; stir into crumb mixture just until moistened.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead gently 10 times. Pat dough into an 8-in. circle. Cut into eight wedges.
- Place wedges on a greased baking sheet. Mix cinnamon and remaining sugar. Brush tops with remaining cream; sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar. Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 8 scones.
Originally published as Lemon Cream Scones in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2014
Reviews for Lemon Cream Scones
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 5, 2014