As a quick way to warm everyone up, I make these lemony scones to go with a pot of hot tea. Sometimes I like to add dried cherries to the batter, to jazz it up a little.—Angela Matz, West Allis, Wisconsin
Recommended: 19 Easter Bread Recipes
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 3/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream, divided
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons lemon extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large bowl, whisk flour, 1/3 cup sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. In another bowl, whisk 3/4 cup cream, eggs and lemon extract until blended; stir into crumb mixture just until moistened.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead gently 10 times. Pat dough into an 8-in. circle. Cut into eight wedges.
- Place wedges on a greased baking sheet. Mix cinnamon and remaining sugar. Brush tops with remaining cream; sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar. Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 8 scones.
Originally published as Lemon Cream Scones in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2014
Reviews forLemon Cream Scones
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 5, 2014