These tender little dumplings, with a mild cheese flavor, are delicious and a great side dish for any meat dish.
- 2 cups (16 ounces) small curd cream-style cottage cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 1 small onion, chopped
- Sour cream
- In a large bowl, combine cottage cheese and eggs. Stir in the flour, salt and 1 tablespoon butter.
- In a Dutch oven, bring 3 qts. of water to a boil. Reduce heat. Drop batter by tablespoonfuls into simmering water, stirring gently to prevent sticking; cook pierogi in batches for 4-6 minutes or until slightly firm. Remove with a slotted spoon to paper towels to drain; cool slightly.
- In a large skillet, saute onion and pierogi in remaining butter until lightly browned. Serve with sour cream. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Lazy Pierogi in Reminisce April/May 2009, p 48
Reviews for Lazy Pierogi
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 11, 2011
"Nice and easy recipe, I would add some cheddar cheese for more flavour. Will play with some spices as well and see what I can come up with."