Kielbasa Cabbage Soup Recipe
- 1 small head cabbage, coarsely chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 to 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cups water
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 to 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 pound smoked kielbasa or Polish sausage, halved, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 3 large carrots, chopped
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a Dutch oven or soup kettle, saute the cabbage, onion and garlic in oil for 5 minutes or until tender. Combine the water, vinegar and brown sugar; add to cabbage mixture.
- Stir in remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 60-70 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Kielbasa Cabbage Soup(7)
Sort By :
Excellent!. I used fully cooked chicken sausage with apples and a combination of chicken broth, bouillon and water. I would definitely make this soup again.
I made this soup tonight and it turned out fantastic! I made some small changes -- used broth instead of water and cole slaw instead of a cabbage head. I rated, reviewed and photographed my version: http://scrumptiouscyn.com/kielbasa-cabbage-soup/ Thanks for the great recipe!
My family loves this soup. It's a winner!
Excellent! I used turkey kielbasa, and we had to cook it pretty long over low heat, but the end result was well worth it.
FIVE STARS. I am making again today. January 8th, 2012. Last time I made Nov.4th. Everyone love it. Best taste after day old. I thank to my grandma-in-law.