- 2-2/3 cups (16 ounces) 60% cacao bittersweet chocolate baking chips
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, cubed
- 4 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons instant espresso powder, optional
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (11-1/2 ounces) semisweet chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large saucepan, melt chocolate chips and butter over low heat, stirring until smooth. Remove from the heat; cool until mixture is warm.
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, sugar, vanilla and, if desired, espresso powder until blended. Whisk into chocolate mixture. In another bowl, mix the flour, baking powder and salt; add to chocolate mixture, mixing well. Fold in chocolate chunks; let stand 10 minutes or until mixture thickens slightly.
- Drop by 1/4 cupfuls 3 in. apart onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Bake 12-14 minutes or until set. Cool on pans 1-2 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 1-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Jumbo Brownie Cookies
Sort By :
"Amazing! I made these on two separate occasions this week and they were a hit each time! I substituted the chocolate chunks and did half with mint chips and the other half with white chocolate chips. I left out the espresso powder. I also used less than a 1/4 cup for smaller cookies. I will absolutely make these again!"
"These are fabulous. I left out the espresso powder since some of my family aren't coffee fans, and these are now my son's favorite cookie. They've become an instant Christmas tradition."
"I bake cookies all the time. Worst cookies I ever made. I am a chocoholic and couldn't even eat these. Way too sweet even making the cookie smaller. Nobody in my family could eat them. Threw them out."
"I'm giving these 5 stars even though I haven't made them yet! I'll figure out a way to lessen the fat content later. In the meantime, lighten up. Not all recipes, especially this time of year, need to be low-fat, low-sugar, blah blah. You want less? EAT LESS. That simple. Lighten up, people!"
"THESE COOKIES ARE AWESOME! I HAVE USED SEVERAL DIFFERENT TYPES OF CHIPS. PEPPERMINT AT THE HOLIDAYS, WHITE CHOCOLATE FOR COLOR CONTRAST AND THE CHOCOLATE CHUNKS AS RECIPE CALLS FOR. I USE A COOKIE SCOOP TO MAKE MINE, THUS SMALLER AND I ADJUST THE COOKING TIME TO SLIGHTLY LESS."