Italian Christmas Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 carton (15 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3 to 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 to 4 tablespoons milk
- Colored sprinkles
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in ricotta and vanilla. Combine flour, salt and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- In a large bowl, butter, confectioners’ sugar, vanilla and enough milk to reach spreading consistency. Frost cooled cookies and immediately decorate with sprinkles. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 8-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Italian Christmas Cookies
Sort By :
"I loved these cookies in years past, but this year I have a daughter that is gluten intolerant, and am wondering if anyone has tried the gf flour (i got mine at Costco) and did they turn out??"
"I have been making this cookie at least since 2006. It is a hit every year. My size is larger than a tsp closer to a tbsp"
"These cookies are the best! So moist & delicious."
"this are easy to make and taste great, what more could you want in a cookie"
"I made this cookie last Christmas and everyone said it was absolutely delicious.I recently made it again for a baby shower but used only blue sprinkles (a boy) - everyone wants the recipe!"