Finnish Christmas Cookies
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min.
Makesabout 6 dozen
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2/3 cup finely chopped almonds
- Colored sugar, optional
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in flour and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Roll out onto a well-floured surface to 1/4-in. thickness. Brush lightly with egg. Sprinkle with almonds and sugar if desired. Using a fluted pastry cutter or knife, cut into 2-in. x 1-in. strips. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on wire racks.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 89 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 42mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Dec 12, 2012
If you look at the recipe it says 36 servings which would mean 2 cookies each.
Dec 4, 2010
@tonyalao Both are right. It makes 6 dozen cookies or 36 servings of 2 cookies each. If you look at the nutrition facts a serving is 2 cookies. hth
Dec 2, 2010
These sound good but I'm confused about how many cookies it makes - it says 36 servings over the ingredients list, but at the end of the recipe it says 6 dozen (?). I'll guess I'll have to make them to find out!
Dec 18, 2008
I love these cookies as did my hubby and son. I will have to make more for Christmas.
Dec 25, 2007
Hauskaa Joulua ja Onnellista Uuta Vuotta from Minnesota! These cookies are ihana!Merja
Dec 23, 2007
Hauskaa Joulua from Idaho
Dec 16, 2007
These sound very good...Hauskaa Joulua ja onnellista Uatta Vuotta~2008
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.