Hot Milk Cake Recipe
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2-1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/4 cups 2% milk
- 10 tablespoons butter, cubed
- In a large bowl, beat eggs on high speed for 5 minutes or until thick and lemon-colored. Gradually add sugar, beating until mixture is light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. Combine flour and baking powder; gradually add to batter; beat at low speed until smooth.
- In a small saucepan, heat milk and butter just until butter is melted. Gradually add to batter; beat just until combined.
- Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews for Hot Milk Cake
Sort By :
"i tried this recipe and it came so good , perfect for my daughter, thanks for sharing... im planning to add more butter next time ill make this to have more butter taste :) and to add more vanilla and salt too same as the other did to their cake"
"I tried this recipe and it turned out very nice and tasty."
"Awesome!!! lovely texture, flavor and crumb!"
"When you're raising 6 kids, you need lots of delicious, inexpensive recipes to fill up all those tummies! This recipe was one of our family's favorites when all the kids were growing up. So easy to top it with fruit to make it a little more special. But, everyone loved it just as it is! Easy to make & delicious!"
"literally just finished cooking it, definately came out light and fluffy, inlove with this cake already!! added blue food colouring to make it a little different and after reading some reviews, i ended up adding 1/4 salt and it came out perfect. Thanks to everyone for their reviews, it really made the cake work :)"