Hot Milk Cake Recipe
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2-1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/4 cups 2% milk
- 10 tablespoons butter, cubed
- In a large bowl, beat eggs on high speed for 5 minutes or until thick and lemon-colored. Gradually add sugar, beating until mixture is light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. Combine flour and baking powder; gradually add to batter; beat at low speed until smooth.
- In a small saucepan, heat milk and butter just until butter is melted. Gradually add to batter; beat just until combined.
- Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews for Hot Milk Cake
Sort By :
"u need to mix the eggs really good and the sugar we loved the cake"
"I made this yesterday. If it wasn't for the chocolate frosting, I would of thrown it out. It is so heavy and not much flavor to it. We didn't like it."
"I have been making this cake for over 30 years or more. It is my daughters favorite and always asked for it for her "Birthday" cake."
"Grandma cake! Add cinnamon, or whatever spice you like. ......"
"Super easy and super fun to make... YummyMy first cake... Enjoyed the experienceIt was just perfect!!!!"