Hot Milk Cake Recipe
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2-1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/4 cups 2% milk
- 10 tablespoons butter, cubed
- In a large bowl, beat eggs on high speed for 5 minutes or until thick and lemon-colored. Gradually add sugar, beating until mixture is light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. Combine flour and baking powder; gradually add to batter; beat at low speed until smooth.
- In a small saucepan, heat milk and butter just until butter is melted. Gradually add to batter; beat just until combined.
- Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews for Hot Milk Cake(62)
Sort By :
Always requested by my children for their birthdays since it first came out in TOH in 1993. Truly delicious, especially hot out of the oven. I look forward to making it for my grandchildren someday. If you're looking for something especially sweet, this isn't it. To me, this is more like the flavor of a shortbread cookie. Great with a hot cup of tea, as one reviewer commented.
good for my homework on a recipe with milk. i have tasted this and it is good.
Made this cake yesterday. Very easy to make and is absolutely delicious. I served it with strawberries and my husband loved it. I will be making this one again.
could you tell me if you have ever put this in a bundt pan instead of the 13x9 pan?
Great cake, just like mother used to make
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Birthday Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cake Recipes >