- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2-1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/4 cups 2% milk
- 10 tablespoons butter, cubed
- In a large bowl, beat eggs on high speed for 5 minutes or until thick and lemon-colored. Gradually add sugar, beating until mixture is light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. Combine flour and baking powder; gradually add to batter; beat at low speed until smooth.
- In a small saucepan, heat milk and butter just until butter is melted. Gradually add to batter; beat just until combined.
- Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews for Hot Milk Cake
Sort By :
"This is to DIE for!! I don't know what happened to the others that said this had no flavor as it is so sweet and delicious! Now I just need some strawberries! YUM! Thanks for the fantastic recipe."
"Great recipe ....I made it tonight and the cake came out delicious"
"Loved it! Very easy to make, light & fluffy!"
"Simple, old-fashioned, delicious cake. Would be great to use for strawberry shortcake as others have mentioned. Somewhat reminiscent of a GOOD "Twinkie" sponge."
"This is a great recipe,. Adding some lemon zest gives a nice light lemon taste. Top with berries and cream, or cinnamon and sugar. yummmm I love this cake. Very easy to make and flavor anyway you please."