Holiday Cookie Dough Recipe
Our Test Kitchen created this make-ahead dough recipe for a variety of holiday cookies. Use Recipe Search to find these recipes that use the dough: Jolly Santas, Lemon Rope Trees, Magic Stars, Reindeer Bites and Strawberry Tea Cookies.
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Sprinkles, jimmies or colored sugar, optional
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in milk and vanilla. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Divide dough into five 1-cup portions; shape each into a 10-in.-long roll. Wrap individually in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until easy to handle, or freeze for up to 3 months. Yield: 5 portions (1 cup each).
- To use refrigerated cookie dough: Cut roll into 1/4-in. slices. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Decorate with sprinkles, jimmies or colored sugar if desired. Bake at 350° for 7-9 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks.
- Or, bake according to individual directions for Jolly Santas, Lemon Rope Trees, Magic Stars, Reindeer Bites and Strawberry Tea Cookies.
- To use frozen cookie dough: Thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Bake according to recipe directions. Yield: 200 slice-and-bake cookies.
Originally published as Holiday Cookie Dough in Simple & Delicious November/December 2007, p53
Reviews for Holiday Cookie Dough(4)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 10, 2011
Do not try these as cutouts - they fall apart wayyyy to easily to hold up for frosting let alone just getting them off the cookie sheet!
Reviewed Nov. 14, 2011
can you use cookie cutters with this recipe?
Reviewed Dec. 5, 2010
CAN I SUBSTITUTE GLUTEN FREE FLOUR?
Reviewed Dec. 5, 2010
CAN I SUBSTITUTE GLUTEN FLOUR?
More Recipe Collections
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cookie Recipes >
- Cookies >
- Desserts >
- Diabetic Cookies >
- Diabetic Desserts >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Easy Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Holiday Cookie Recipes >
- Low Carb Desserts >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Dessert Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Sodium Desserts >