We created this make-ahead dough recipe to help ease the stress of the Christmas baking season. The buttery cookies are sure to melt in your mouth. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Sprinkles, jimmies or colored sugar, optional
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in milk and vanilla. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Divide dough into five 1-cup portions; shape each into a 10-in.-long roll. Wrap individually in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until easy to handle, or freeze for up to 3 months. Yield: 5 portions (1 cup each).
- To use refrigerated cookie dough: Cut roll into 1/4-in. slices. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Decorate with sprinkles, jimmies or colored sugar if desired. Bake at 350° for 7-9 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks.
- Or, bake according to individual directions for Jolly Santas, Lemon Rope Trees, Magic Stars, Reindeer Bites and Strawberry Tea Cookies.
- To use frozen cookie dough: Thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Bake according to recipe directions. Yield: 200 slice-and-bake cookies.
Originally published as Holiday Cookie Dough in Simple & Delicious November/December 2007, p53
Reviews for Holiday Cookie Dough
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review