The name says it all—sipping this beverage is like drinking a heavenly blend of dark and milk chocolate. Top off each mug with a dollop of sweetened whipped cream. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Featured In: Holiday Drinks
- 4 cups half-and-half cream
- 2 bars (3-1/2 ounces each) 70% cacao dark chocolate, chopped
- 2 ounces milk chocolate, chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Dash salt
- Sweetened whipped cream
- In a large saucepan, heat cream over medium heat until bubbles form around sides of pan (do not boil). Remove from the heat; whisk in the chocolates, vanilla, nutmeg and salt until smooth. Return to the heat; cook and stir until heated through. Pour into mugs; top with whipped cream. Yield: 5 cups.
Originally published as Heavenly Drinking Chocolate in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2013, p126
Reviews for Heavenly Drinking Chocolate
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 8, 2015
"This creamy chocolate concoction reminds me of cold winter nights spent reading by the fire - very cozy and delicious!"