Hearty Pasta Tomato Soup Recipe
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Mild Ground Italian Sausage
- 6 cups beef broth
- 1 can (28 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2 cups sliced zucchini
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups frozen cheese tortellini
- Grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- In a skillet, cook the sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker; add the next 13 ingredients. Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours or until the vegetables are tender.
- Cook tortellini according to package directions; drain. Stir into slow cooker; cover and cook 30 minutes longer. Serve with Parmesan cheese if desired. Yield: 14 servings (about 3-1/2 quarts).
Reviews for Hearty Pasta Tomato Soup
Sort By :
This soup really was amazing, as it snowed again today in Vermont, what a treat to first smell this soup and then to eat it! and dont forget the cheese, it is the finishing touch!
This is a wonderful recipe. I add the zucchini closer to the end because I don't like it to be over cooked. My family loves this soup and I've had a lot of recipe requests.
This is a great soup recipe. And so easy. I did however make afew changes. I changed the zucchini to fresh green beans that I microwaved first so they would not be crunchy. Added 2 small potatoes that I peeled and then chopped.I blended the mushrooms so that my picky eaters could not pick them out. And added spiral pasta instead of the tortellini. Thanks for a wonderful recipe Lydia.
More Recipe Collections
- Broth Soup Recipes >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Italian Recipes >
- Italian Soup >
- Italian Soups >
- Mushroom Recipes >
- Mushroom Soup Recipes >
- Potluck Recipes >
- Potluck Soup Recipes >
- Simple Soup Recipes >
- Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Slow Cooker Soup >
- Slow Cooker Stews >