“This thick, flavorful soup is a winner in our home and makes a nice starter dish.” —Rachel Taylor, Springfield, Tennessee
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 3 medium leeks (white portion only), chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) vegetable broth
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 green onions, chopped
- In a nonstick Dutch oven, saute the celery, onions, leeks, green pepper, jalapenos and garlic in oil until tender. Add the potatoes, broth, water, pepper and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Combine flour and milk until smooth; stir into soup. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat to low. Stir in sour cream and green onions until blended; heat through (do not boil). Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts).
Originally published as Hearty Leek and Potato Soup in Healthy Cooking April/May 2011, p41
Reviews for Hearty Leek and Potato Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review