- 3/4 pound Yukon Gold potatoes
- 3/4 pound red potatoes
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 to 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place all of the potatoes in a Dutch oven; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain and rinse in cold water. Cut into 1-in. chunks.
- Place the potatoes in a grill wok or basket. Grill, uncovered, over medium heat for 8-12 minutes or browned, stirring frequently. Transfer to a large salad bowl; add onions.
- In a small bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar, mustard, salt, celery seed and pepper. Drizzle over potato mixture and toss to coat. Serve warm or at room temperature. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Grilled Three-Potato Salad
"Delicious! I made this for our 4th of July picnic and everyone loved it. I boiled the potatoes the night before and refrigerated until right before leaving. I cut them up, and while they grilled I quickly cut up the green onions and made the dressing."
"The combination of potatoes is delicious. I added a large vidalia onion cut into chunks to the cooked potato mixture before grilling in place of the green onion and garnished with some fresh italian parsley before serving. Goes great with grilled chicken."
"Re:This potato salad sounds terrific. I intend to make it. I make a potato salad that I use totally organic "everything" in it. I get rave reviews for it, and have seriously considered marketing it. As far as the nutrition count, do your own math. What matters is the oil used, the type of mayo and mustard and narrow down the salt. Check the proportion amount that you eat that's where caloris begin. I'm blonde, and I can figure this one out....ha! ha!"
"I am not sure of the calories or fat, but the carbs, if the serving size is 1/6 of the whole, should be ABOUT 15 grams. (One potato, medium, has about that.)"
"I sure wish someone could get that nutrition information up. That is really important to me!"
"These potatoes look good. Does anyone know if they can be baked in the oven? If so, at what temperature and for how long?"