- 1-1/2 pounds seedless red grapes
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Sort and wash grapes; remove stems. Place grapes in a steamer basket; place in a large saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 15 minutes or until soft.
- Preheat oven to 200°, Transfer grapes to a blender or food processor; cover and puree. Strain grapes through a food mill into a small bowl; discard skin. Stir in sugar and lemon juice.
- Line a 15x10x1-in. baking pan with parchment paper. Spread fruit mixture evenly onto parchment paper. Bake 2-1/2 to 3-1/2 hours or until fruit leather feels slightly sticky. Cool completely.
- Transfer fruit leather to a new 15x10-in. sheet of parchment paper. Roll up leather in parchment paper jelly-roll style, starting with a short side (do not unroll). Cut into six 1-1/2-in. pieces. Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place up to 1 month. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Grape Leather in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2009, p226
Reviews for Grape Leather
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review