- 1 cup shortening
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup crisp rice cereal
- 1 cup diced candy orange slices
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips or raisins
- Additional raisins or chocolate chips and candy orange slices
- In a bowl, cream shortening and sugars. Add eggs and vanilla; mix well. Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture. Stir in oats, cereal, orange slices and chips or raisins.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Flatten slightly with a fork. Decorate with raisin or chocolate chip eyes and orange slice mouths. Bake at 350° for 10-14 minutes. Cool on wire racks. Yield: about 6 dozen.
Originally published as Goblin Chewies in Taste of Home October/November 1997, p64
Reviews for Goblin Chewies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 29, 2013
"Just made Goblin Chewies, they are a little time consuming , I cut back on white sugar to 3/4 cup and their still sweet, crunchy and mmmmmmm good"