- 1/4 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 1-1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup white rice flour
- 1/2 cup potato starch
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 48 milk chocolate kisses, unwrapped
- In a large bowl, beat shortening, brown sugar and peanut butter until blended. Beat in egg, applesauce and vanilla (mixture will appear curdled). In another bowl, whisk rice flour, potato starch, tapioca flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Refrigerate, covered, 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 375°. Shape dough into forty-eight 1-in. balls; place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake 9-11 minutes or until slightly cracked. Immediately press a chocolate kiss into center of each cookie. Cool on pans 2 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 4 dozen.
Reviews for Gluten-Free Peanut Butter Kiss Cookies
Sort By :
Janeron, use Splenda...we use this recipe ALL the time with our Tupperware parties and because we deal with diabetics too, this is a fabulous alternative to regular sugar is he can use it!
Absolutely wonderful cookies. I used canola oil instead of shortening they turned out wonderful. Will certainly make again.
I just started cooking gluten free and am at a high altitude, so I wasn't sure if these would be good... but they're absolutely delicious! The mile high altitude here didn't pose a problem at all. The flavor is incredible - peanut butter and chocolate are my all time favorites, and my family's too. I will make these often! I didn't have the individual flours and potato starch, so I used 1 3/4 c of Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Flour and the appropriate amt. of xanthan gum. Perfect!
I MADE THE QUICK AND EASY COOKIES SUGGESTED BY A READER. 1 C P.B. 1 C SUGAR 1 EGG 1 TSP VANILLA 3/4 C MINI SEMI.SWEET CHOC CHIPS. MIX WITH SPOON ADD CHIPS MAKE INTO 1 INCH BALLS BAKE ON UNGREASED SHEET 8 TO 10 MINS. I USED GENERIC CRUNCHY P.B. AND THESE TURNED OUT VERY GOOD, MELTED IN YOUR MOUTH EXCEPT FOR THE PEANUTS & CHIPS. MY SON WILL LOVE THEM THO TOO MUCH SUGAR MAKES HIM ITCH
I made these and had my kids and husband try before trying them myself. They loved them and were shocked when I told them they were gluten free. Since I have taken them to work and surprised co workers with the news they were gluten free. Awesome cookies!