Guests will stand in line to kiss the cook when these treats are served! For a change of pace, try them with chunky peanut butter, too. —Canada60, Tasteofhome.com Community
- 1/4 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 1-1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup white rice flour
- 1/2 cup potato starch
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 48 milk chocolate kisses, unwrapped
- In a large bowl, beat shortening, brown sugar and peanut butter until blended. Beat in egg, applesauce and vanilla (mixture will appear curdled). In another bowl, whisk rice flour, potato starch, tapioca flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Refrigerate, covered, 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 375°. Shape dough into forty-eight 1-in. balls; place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake 9-11 minutes or until slightly cracked. Immediately press a chocolate kiss into center of each cookie. Cool on pans 2 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 4 dozen.
Originally published as Gluten-Free Peanut Butter Kiss Cookies in Healthy Cooking December/January 2010, p16
Reviews for Gluten-Free Peanut Butter Kiss Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review