- 1 tube (16-1/2 ounces) refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Lemon Extract
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Lemon Extract
- Food coloring of your choice
- Let cookie dough stand at room temperature for 5-10 minutes to soften. In a large bowl, beat the cookie dough, flour and extract until combined.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut with floured 2-in. ornament-shaped cookie cutters. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 9-11 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- Combine the confectioners' sugar, milk and extract. Spread over cookies. Immediately place a drop of food coloring on top of each cookie and swirl with a toothpick. Let stand until set. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Glazed Ornament Cookies in Simple & Delicious October/November 2011, p13
Reviews for Glazed Ornament Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review