Glazed Lemon Cake Recipe
- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant lemon pudding mix
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup lemon-lime soda
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, pudding mix, oil and eggs; beat on low speed or 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Gradually beat in soda just until blended.
- Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- In a small bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar and lemon juice until smooth; carefully spread over warm cake. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 12 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Glazed Lemon Cake
Sort By :
I was looking for a change from chocolate desserts and am so glad I came across this recipe. This cake is light and delicious - perfect for a summertime dessert. I used diet lemon-lime soda as that is what we had on hand. The final piece of cake in the pan was eaten five days after baking and was still wonderfully moist. We had extra icing on our cake due to the fact that I didn't measure when adding the powdered sugar and ended up needing to stir in additional lemon juice. So, so good!
I make this cake frequently, and there are never leftovers! I've shared this recipe with friends, and they, too, always get excellent feedback. I've made it with lemon cake mix for an extra lemon flavor. I've made it with diet soda, to reduce calories. There used to be a sugar-free instant lemon pudding, but I haven't found it in a long time. One of my favorite recipes. Works well as a breakfast cake too!
I would love to make this recipe it sounds so good but, is there something that I can substitute for the lemon-lime soda?
For the last 3 years, one of my co-workers has asked that I make this for him for his "birthday dessert". Although, not low fat, this is a very good recipe for those special occasions!
My daughter made this for Thanksgiving this past year, it was so delightful that she made It again. The first one she made she used essential oils in the icing, OMG, it was awesome.