German Apple Pancake Recipe
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tart baking apples, peeled and sliced
- 3 to 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Confectioners' sugar
- Lemon wedges
- Preheat a 10-in. cast-iron skillet in a 425° oven. Meanwhile, in a blender, combine the eggs, milk, flour, salt and nutmeg; cover and process until smooth.
- Add butter to hot skillet; return to oven until butter bubbles. Pour batter into skillet. Bake, uncovered, for 20 minutes or until pancake puffs and edges are browned and crisp.
- For topping, in a skillet, add the apples, butter and sugar; cook and stir over medium heat until apples are tender. Spoon into baked pancake. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar. Cut and serve immediately with lemon wedges. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for German Apple Pancake
Sort By :
Wow. Wow. The only problem with this is that I'll be making it A LOT because it is so darn good. I added a little cinnamon and sprinkled a few sliced almonds on top of the apples, baked it a couple minutes with the apples and almonds. So darn good.
I used less sugar and should have used less butter, because I felt there was too much butter. I added golden raisins, which made up for the lessened amount of sugar, added to the flavor and visual appeal, and it really tasted great. Will make it again.
I've never made anything like this before, but thought it would be a good way to use up the apples I had on hand. I only had 2 eggs to use, but it turned out just fine! I also substituted 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon for the nutmeg & didn't use lemon wedges. This was soooo yummy, I can't wait to make it again!
It was very good!!
Hubby requests this all the time. Great recipe!