I love serving foods that both complement and contrast with each. This flavorful egg dish can be made in minutes and easily doubled. Sometimes I use leftover taco meat or chopped ham instead of bacon.—Michelle Krzmarzick, Redondo Beach, California
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium zucchini, shredded
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- In a 10-in. ovenproof skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add the onion and garlic; saute for 1 minute. Add the zucchini; cook for 3 minutes or until tender.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs and mustard. Pour into skillet. Sprinkle with the bacon, salt and pepper. As eggs set, lift edges, letting uncooked portion flow underneath. Cook until eggs are nearly set, about 7 minutes.
- Place skillet under the broiler, 6 in. from the heat, for 30-60 seconds or until the eggs are completely set. Sprinkle with cheese and green onions. Broil 30 seconds longer or until cheese is melted. Cut into wedges. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Garlic Zucchini Frittata in Taste of Home April/May 2003, p20
Reviews for Garlic Zucchini Frittata
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review