- 10 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons plus 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn, thawed
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Fresh salsa
- In a small bowl, whisk eggs, water, salt and pepper until blended. In a large nonstick skillet, heat 2 teaspoons butter over medium heat. Add corn; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until tender. Remove from pan.
- In same pan, heat 1 tablespoon butter over medium-high heat. Pour in half of the egg mixture. Mixture should set immediately at edges. As eggs set, push cooked portions toward the center, letting uncooked eggs flow underneath. When eggs are thickened and no liquid egg remains, spoon half of the corn on one side; sprinkle with 1/4 cup cheese. Fold omelet in half. Cut in half; slide each half onto a plate.
- Repeat with remaining butter, egg mixture and filling. Serve with salsa. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Fresh Corn Omelet in Simple & Delicious June/July 2015
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Fresh Corn Omelet
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review