Fresh Corn Chowder Recipe
- 4 large ears sweet corn, husks removed
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1-1/2 cups diced peeled potatoes
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 cups 2% milk
- Cut corn off the cob; set aside. In a large saucepan, saute onion and celery in butter until tender. Add the potatoes, water, bouillon, thyme, pepper and corn. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Combine flour and milk until smooth; gradually stir into soup. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Yield: 7 servings.
Reviews for Fresh Corn Chowder(2)
Sort By :
Very good. My husband raved about this soup. I only used two very large ears of corn, I added some onion, grated one carrot, added fresh red peper. I used 1% milk and omitted the butter to save on fat grams. I have a feeling I will be making again for my husband. Thanks.
I thawed some frozen sweet corn and added in some carrots and more celery, veggie bouillon cube and also used soy flour (trying to live a vegetarian life style and also gluten free). Very easy to make and save for me not adequately combining the flour and milk to a really smooth consistency I like it a lot. I love how the flavor of the corn is out front and on display. I contemplated attempting this with a sweet potato but I was afraid of the flavor profile but I may try that in the future. Would definitely try again and will expand the veggies for my own dietary requirements.
More Recipe Collections
- Chowder Recipes >
- Corn Chowder Recipes >
- Corn on the Cob >
- Corn Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Soup Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Soup Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Healthy Soup Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Soup Recipes >