- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons confectioners' sugar
- Whipped cream and chocolate curls, optional
- Cut pastry sheet in half. Repackage and refrigerate one half for another use. On a lightly floured surface, roll out remaining half into an 8-in. circle. Transfer to a 7-in. pie plate; flute edges.
- Line shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 4 minutes. Remove foil; bake 2 minutes longer or until crust is golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar and eggs until well blended. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture reaches 160° and coats the back of a metal spoon. Remove from the heat. Stir in chocolate and vanilla until smooth. Cool to lukewarm (90°), stirring occasionally.
- In a small bowl, cream butter until light and fluffy. Add cooled chocolate mixture; beat on high speed for 5 minutes or until light and fluffy.
- In another large bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners' sugar; beat until stiff peaks form. Fold into chocolate mixture.
- Pour into crust. Chill for at least 6 hours before serving. Garnish with whipped cream and chocolate curls if desired. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for French Silk Pie
Sort By :
"This pie is wonderful, everyone needs to try this. Way to go Taste of Homes."
"Delicious pie. I doubled the recipe and just had a little filling left over. The pie is great garnished with whipped cream and mini chocolate chips."
"Delicious, doubled it as suggested and had way too much filling but who's complaining? Lots of steps but straightforward recipe. I should have put pie weights in the crust but otherwise, perfect."
"Didn't make enough to fill pie. Double the recipe and you're good to go! Also used an oreo graham crust."
"I have been looking for a recipe for French Silk Pie that did not call for raw eggs. I found this one and it was an instant hit with my family. My husband even told the people that he works with about how good this recipe was."