French Country Casserole Recipe
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Polish Kielbasa Sausage or Polish sausage, cut into 1/4 inch pieces
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 3 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 2 small onions, sliced into rings
- 1/2 cup dry red wine or beef broth
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl; transfer to an ungreased 3-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 375° for 60-70 minutes or until the carrots are tender. Yield: 9 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for French Country Casserole
Sort By :
We love this!
My husband and I really liked it, but the kids not so much. It's one I may make again in the future and freeze for lunches rather than offer as supper.
This was really delicious. I did make a few changes. I didn't use the kidney beans at all as no one in our house likes them, sticking only with one can of black beans, one can of northern beans. Secondly, I used both red wine and beef stock in 3/4 c. measurements each. I also added an additional 1/2 pound of the sausage because my family's crazy for it. I added an extra carrot too. Honesty, it was delicious and warming and the sauce was rich and flavorful. My hubby loved it!
Well if it was up to me I would have only gave it 2 stars because I did not like it at all but my husband loved it. I will not be making it again though.
I have made this recipe several times over the years. Its great for a potluck or dinner on a chilly fall or winter night served with a crusty bread. I always put in my crock pot and let cook on low, It turns out great every time.
More Recipe Collections
- Dinner Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Simple Dinner Recipes >
- Tomato Recipes >