- 1 prepared angel food cake (8 to 10 ounces)
- 2 quarts strawberry ice cream, softened
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened
- 2-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- Decorative mini paper flags, optional
- Cut cake horizontally into four equal layers. Place bottom layer on a serving plate; spread with half of the strawberry ice cream. Immediately place in freezer. Spread second cake layer with vanilla ice cream; place over strawberry layer in freezer. Spread third cake layer with remaining strawberry ice cream; place over vanilla layer in freezer. Top with remaining cake layer.
- In a bowl, beat cream until soft peaks form. Add sugar; beat until stiff peaks form. Frost top and sides of cake. Freeze until serving. Decorate with mini flags if desired. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Originally published as Fourth of July Ice Cream Cake in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2001, p223
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Fourth of July Ice Cream Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jul. 1, 2014
More Recipe Collections
- Homemade Ice Cream Cakes >
- Ice Cream Cake >
- Ice Cream Cake Recipes >
- Ice Cream Recipes >
- July 4th Desserts >