Summer Celebration Ice Cream Cake
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min. + freezing
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons orange yogurt
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1-3/4 quarts vanilla ice cream, softened
- 4 to 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- Mixed fresh berries
- Line an 8-in. square baking dish with foil and grease the foil; set aside. In a large bowl, combine the sugar, butter, yogurt, egg, orange zest and vanilla until blended. Combine flour and cocoa; stir into sugar mixture. Add chocolate chips.
- Spread into prepared dish. Bake at 325° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with moist crumbs. Cool on a wire rack.
- Spread ice cream over cake. Cover and freeze for 3 hours or until firm.
- Remove from the freezer 10 minutes before serving. In a microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate and shortening; stir until smooth. Using foil, lift dessert out of dish; gently peel off foil. Cut into squares. Garnish with berries and drizzle with chocolate.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 505 calories, 24g fat (14g saturated fat), 79mg cholesterol, 133mg sodium, 71g carbohydrate (53g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein.
Oct 2, 2016
This recipe was horrible! The crust was hard and bitter and the topping was bitter also. I am thankful I tried this before making it for guests. I would have been very embarrassed to serve this to company!
Nov 7, 2015
This is a simple, classic ice cream cake. Everyone enjoyed it. I
Sep 14, 2015
This so delicious!
Jun 16, 2009