Forgotten Jambalaya Recipe
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) beef or chicken broth
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 medium green peppers, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Smoked Sausage, halved and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/2 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Hot cooked rice
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the tomatoes, broth and tomato paste. Stir in the celery, green peppers, onion, garlic and seasonings. Stir in chicken and sausage.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours or until chicken is no longer pink. Stir in shrimp. Cover and cook 15-30 minutes longer or until shrimp turn pink. Serve with rice. Yield: 11 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Forgotten Jambalaya
Sort By :
Yummy! I omitted the shrimp to save $. Turkey smoked sausage is a healthy substitute for regular smoked sausage.
I make this at least once a month -- we love it! I leave out the shrimp and just add more chicken and sausage since my husband doesn't like seafood. Couldn't be easier -- just chop everything up and mix it up in the crockpot!
I absolutely love this recipe. Perfect amount of spice and heat, so great to warm you up on a cold winter day!
This recipe is easy, flavorful and I will definitely keep it my recipe box!
My family and I love this recipe. So easy and sooooooooo good!