Lemon-lime soda gives this rich beverage a delicate flavor. Even people who don't care for eggnog won't be able to resist a creamy glassful. It's a hit at our Christmas parties. —Lorrie Sexauer, DeSoto, Texas
- 4 cups half-and-half cream, divided
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg, optional
- 4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 6 to 8 cups lemon-lime soda, chilled
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream
- 1/2 cup chopped maraschino cherries
- In a saucepan, combine 2 cups half-and-half cream, eggs and sugar. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture reaches 160° or is thick enough to coat a metal spoon, about 9 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla, nutmeg if desired and remaining half-and-half. Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- Pour into a punch bowl. Stir in whipping cream and soda. Top with scoops of ice cream and sprinkle with cherries. Serve immediately. Yield: about 4 quarts.
Originally published as Eggnog Punch in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2001, p22
Reviews for Eggnog Punch
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review