- 1 package spice cake mix (regular size)
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 3/4 cup golden raisins
- EGGNOG CREAM:
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 jars (7 ounces each) marshmallow creme
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Additional ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, beat cake mix, oil and eggs until well blended. Stir in pecans and raisins.
- Divide dough in half. On baking sheets, roll each portion between two sheets of parchment paper into a 12x8-in. rectangle. Refrigerate 30 minutes. Meanwhile, In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, marshmallow creme, extract, nutmeg and cinnamon until smooth; fold in whipped topping. Refrigerate, covered, until serving.
- Remove top sheet of parchment paper from dough. Cut each dough rectangle in half lengthwise; cut crosswise into 1-in. strips. Transfer to parchment paper-lined baking sheets. (Refrigerate any remaining strips until ready to bake.) Bake 8-10 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Cool on pans 4 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- Sprinkle eggnog cream with additional nutmeg; serve with dunkers. Yield: 16 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Eggnog Cream with Spiced Pecan Raisin Dunkers
"As an egg nog fan, this recipe was amazing. So quick and easy! To save time, I may just serve the dip with cinnamon graham crackers or something similar next time."
"I'm just curious why it's called eggnog cream- there's no eggnog in it ?? It wouldn't let me post this without a star so I gave it 4 since it sounds good, though I haven't made it yet."