- 36 uncooked jumbo pasta shells
- 1 jar (24 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 36 frozen fully cooked Italian meatballs (1/2 ounce each), thawed
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cook pasta shells according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water.
- Spread 1/2 cup sauce into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Fill each shell with a meatball; place over sauce. Top with remaining sauce and the cheese.
- Bake, covered, 35 minutes. Uncover; bake 3-5 minutes longer or until bubbly and cheese is melted. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Easy Stuffed Shells
"Super easy recipe and my family loved it . This recipe is definitely a keeper !"
"Made this a couple times with the latest being with my homemade marinara and homemade meatballs for my mother's birthday and it was a hit! I also put a bit of ricotta cheese in the shell before I stuffed it."
"This was bland and plain-tasting to me and my family. It needs more flavor. Would probably be much better with a homemade spaghetti sauce and homemade meatballs."
"This is a fun and tasty dish! My husband loved it and our company thought it was so clever to have meatballs in the shells. I took another person's suggestion and put a heaping teaspoonful of ricotta in each shell first. I also used my own meatball recipe and used almost two jars of sauce instead of one. Leftovers are great! This is a keeper."
"This was good and easy to make. I would definitely make this again. I did add 1/2 teaspoon of salt, pepper and oregano to the sauce and used cheddar and moz cheese as that is what I had on hand. We all enjoyed this but some did think it could have used a bit more sauce. I also put some shredded zucchini in the sauce too."
"easy to make, but not very spicy. Add seasonings or flavorful cheese for a different taste. Great way to use up extra spaghetti/pizza sauce. Can use homemade meatballs, made ahead of time or just for the recipe."
"This is an easy recipe that tastes delicious! My kids love lasagna, but since it's so time consuming I rarely make it. This dish tastes like lasagna but it's a third of the work! I added some sharp cheese along with the mozzarella and would add a little more sauce next time."
"This was so easy especially since I had some homemade spaghetti sauce in the freezer. The other really great thing is how you can play with the recipe (I suppose kids could play with the food itself) like adding ricotta cheese and spinach to each shell under the meatball. Easier than making lasagna!!"
"Very clever idea... I used a vodka tomato sauce, added some slice mushrooms, and some capers. As a field editor, I am happy to rate this recipe 5 stars."