- 36 uncooked jumbo pasta shells
- 1 jar (24 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 36 frozen fully cooked Italian meatballs (1/2 ounce each), thawed
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cook pasta shells according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water.
- Spread 1/2 cup sauce into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Fill each shell with a meatball; place over sauce. Top with remaining sauce and cheese.
- Bake, covered, 35 minutes. Uncover; bake 3-5 minutes longer or until bubbly and cheese is melted. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Easy Stuffed Shells
Sort By :
"Easy to make, but not very spicy. Add seasonings or flavorful cheese for a different taste. Great way to use up extra spaghetti/pizza sauce. Can use homemade meatballs, made ahead of time or just for the recipe."
"This is an easy recipe that tastes delicious! My kids love lasagna, but since it's so time consuming I rarely make it. This dish tastes like lasagna but it's a third of the work! I added some sharp cheese along with the mozzarella and would add a little more sauce next time."
"This was so easy especially since I had some homemade spaghetti sauce in the freezer. The other really great thing is how you can play with the recipe (I suppose kids could play with the food itself) like adding ricotta cheese and spinach to each shell under the meatball. Easier than making lasagna!!"
"My 4-yr-old chose this recipe and proudly helped assemble it (he tired of it before we finished). Then he declared it "the best dinner ever!" The rest of us enjoyed it too. It was quick and easy and didn't leave many dirty dishes."
"Very clever idea... I used a vodka tomato sauce, added some slice mushrooms, and some capers. As a field editor, I am happy to rate this recipe 5 stars."