My children and I often make these super-easy chocolate balls during the holiday season to dress up our cookie trays and gift baskets. For added color, the balls can be rolled in nonpareils, sprinkles or ground nuts.
- 4 cups (24 ounce) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Colored nonpareils and sprinkles
- In a microwave or heavy saucepan, melt chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Stir in milk, almond extract and salt. Cool to room temperature. Shape into 1-in. balls; roll in nonpareils and sprinkles. Store in an airtight container. Yield: About 6 dozen (about 2-1/4 pounds).
Originally published as Easy Chocolate Truffles in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2004, p28
Reviews for Easy Chocolate Truffles
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review